POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Curved Portal - 2 Final : Re: Curved Portal - 2 Final Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:21:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curved Portal - 2 Final
From: Jim Charter
Date: 8 Mar 2006 13:10:57
Message: <440f1e31$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> The blurring is the result of the rather low definition of the original
> images as provided. They look better from farther away. Unfortunately I can
> do nothing about that.

Maybe boost the resolution of the bitmap in an editor.  The image
information will be the same density, of course, but less pixelated
perhaps?  Then add some grunge or other texture information at the
higher resolution.  You might gain the effect of the image looking faded
rather than just low-res.  Or maybe not...